Friday, August 10, 2012

The College Application Process That Began Ten Years Ago

When I was an impressionable and naive little second grader, I watched "A Cinderella Story" a.k.a. the movie that ruined my life. Although it claims to chronicle the senior year of some hopeless romantic, the film's really an obscure form of Princeton University propaganda targeted at young Asian hopefuls, myself included. 

When I was an impressionable and naive little ninth grade, my underlying obsession with colleges  and college planning was fueled by a little trip to student personnel services. After walking in with my friend Maryam (you can check out her blog here), we were greeted by a kind women offering us "The ABC's of College Planning" and "The Roadmap to College". I not only absorbed this material like a sponge, but also created a chart of acceptance rates to compliment it. 

When I was an impressionable and naive little twelfth grader, I had to stop being so impressionable and naive. I began the common application yesterday, and the lingering, yet distant thought of college became all too real. It's still something I'm trying to grasp. 


2 comments:

  1. Wow. It feels like just yesterday that they thought were were seniors in SPS. Time is flying. At least we're not naive anymore. (I think?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. why do you not have your own reality tv show.

    ReplyDelete