Thursday, August 8, 2013

Letters to Juliet

I was surprised at how long it took me to write this letter. With so much that could be said, it was constantly being rewritten and revised: 

Here's the letter I was referring to. Its still pretty ratchet, so you'll have to look past that. I just wanted to thank you for a memorable year. You were my first kiss, my first reckless (within reason?) nighttime adventure, my first trip around 3/4 of the baseball field, and my first part-time male modeling friend with benefits. It was all an experience and I remember it so vividly... Everything from my heart racing to my heart breaking. But like I've said before, despite everything that's happened, I still care about you. I know that underneath your "I don't like commitment" exterior, you want to fall in love. And I really do mean it when I say I hope you find that in college. You just need to let yourself let go and open up (not literally, pervert). You're fun, outgoing, smart, and potentially the funniest guy I have ever met. There was a time when I wanted to give you so much, and maybe I was a fool for wanting to do so. I remember you would talk about us, telling me how you "wanted to make me feel". And since then, I've probably felt more than I ever thought I would. Perhaps that's why everything was so memorable. It was all so incredibly exciting, nothing short of the "senior-esque" experience I had wanted. You were a story, and with my based/rare writing abilities, maybe even a best seller. 

Hopefully college isn't an ending, but a sequel. Keep in touch... I mean it. 

Karen





No comments:

Post a Comment