Sunday, September 30, 2012

Karen's Communist Manifesto

In the days leading up to the dreaded November 1st deadline, I've been more consumed with my past. I know this is a time where I should really be focusing on my future, but the entire college application process has forced me to acknowledge who I am and who I was.

Lately, I've been thinking more and more about about the thirteen years I spent living in Summerfield. I was young and my days were simple. During the summer, I would gather the neighborhood kids and we'd construct entire cities and towns. Out of our imaginations spewed our own little chalkzone. Only now am I realizing that these towns were in fact communist regimes controlled by me, myself, and I. Being significantly older than the other kiddies, I spearheaded the entire "town construction", delegating where everyone lived, where they worked, and what they produced/sold. My reign extended into the winter months when the weather brought a mountain of snow to the cul-de-sac inner circle. When this would happen, I'd call the kiddies and we'd construct another town.

The process was never ending until I grew up and my "kiddies" followed suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment