Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sleepyhead

I'm neither shocked nor concerned that I find myself blogging away on the eve of my first full week of class. In the past two weeks, time has defied the established laws of the natural world. It almost feels like each day is longer than 24 hours, each hour is longer than 60 minutes, each minute is longer than 60 seconds and so on and so forth. I'm not suggesting that I'm withering away in what seems to be "eternal damnation"...that isn't the case at all. Rather, I find that my days are filled with an excess of action, leaving me with tired feet and an equally as tired mind. Perhaps it's the fact that I got around three hours of sleep last night. Or the fact that I trekked over 50 blocks across Manhattan today. Either or, I desperately need some rest. But the thing is, I'm afraid to rest in the city that never sleeps.

"There's a story in which my eyes shut. Could you bag me up?" 




No comments:

Post a Comment